Fashionistas Galore

Friday, March 24, 2017

What's In My New Cathy London Women's Backpack #CathyLondon #Backpack #whatsinmybag #Lakme #Maybelline #SilkyGirl




To be honest, I have been dying to get a proper black bag with amazing studs or spikes for a long time now. But unfortunately, the ones that I see in stores here in India are a huge disappointment, at least to me, and the ones I saw on other sites had super high shipping charges, which I didn't think was worth it.

This backpack is originally priced at INR 3499, but I got it at INR 1570.

So finally, I decided to give this cute black backpack a try. The brand is Cathy London and I have used their bags earlier, so I know the quality is really good. In fact theirs was one of my favourite bags. Also, the fact that I have been traveling a lot lot lot of late and have been using backpacks quite often made it more sensible that I try it out.

The combination of black, the fake leather (I am not sure what it is called) material, the studs and it being a backpack is what did it for me.

I bought it on Amazon, and have used it for about a week now. The first thing that anyone who saw me wearing it said was that they were surprised that I decided to go for a smaller bag, as I am more of a huge tote person, and my bags carry my world. I absolutely love my huge bags, but I am in love with this one now! And they were also quick to mention that it looked absolutely fantastic and chic. I can't agree more.


Check out the studs....aren't they absolutely stunning? The best part is that they are not too in your face, and look really nice, and even though there is some bling, it is not too loud.



The backpack comes with three separate areas - the biggest one at the back, the middle one, and a small one at the front. I was really happy to find that the one at the front was also a functional space, as earlier I thought it was just for show.


The adjustable straps are really cool, as they help you adjust the height you want to wear your backpack at. You can also easily wear it in the front if you are traveling by local transport and want to make sure that everything is safe.



Contrary to what it looks like, the bag can actually fit in a lot and comes with real good space inside. This was a huge surprise, as I honestly did not expect this much space.


It also has another small zipper inside in the main big compartment, which is perfect to store your keys or anything of importance that is small in size and you want to be easily accessible.



This is the front compartment I was talking about. It has a lot of space for smaller objects, and I made good use of it too.

I recently used this backpack as an overnighter. I had gone to meet a friend and ended up staying back at her place. While I did not carry a lot, I did take along enough to help me for a night. Which is exactly why I bought this bag for in the first place, to help me carry enough stuff for a day and night.


So yes, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and I can't travel without my lippies. You all know how much I love them. These are the things I stored in the small space you saw at the front.

From L to R:

Lakme Absolute White Intense Wet And Dry Compact in Beige Honey

Maybelline New York Baby Lips Electro Pop Lip Balm Shade Berry Bomb


Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Creme Lip Color


Maybelline New York Baby Lips Electro Pop Lip Balm Shade Fierce N Tangy



The chunky lipstick you see is a brand called Silky Girl which I have seen only in Malayasia till date. Their range of matte and creme lip crayons are AMAZING and you should definitely check the website. I have 6 of their gorgeous shades and am still craving for the rest :) Definitely try it out if you can lay your hands on them.

The silver rings I have picked up during my trips to Goa, from the Tibetan markets that have an amazing and very special collection of these finds. The green and white case is for my contact lenses.


This is what I carried in my main compartment. The green bag is a travel bag that I used to keep some things I had to give my friend. The big pouch is my wallet. And the cute thing you see alongside is my key ring that has about 5 different charms on it :)


In the middle space I carried my phone charger, my spectacle case and my Nakamichi ear phones.



I also carried my medicines, a travel size moisturizer from Biotique and a stick of mints.

So you see, even though it looks really small, the bag has a huge amount of space. In fact I also carried a small water bottle in it but that was after I had given my friend her stuff, as else it could have dented the material of the bag.

- Debolina Raja