Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, August 13, 2016

#Maybelline Clear Glow All In One Fairness #Compact Powder: Review



Some time back I finished my usual compact (sadly)!!! And when I went to get a new one, I was told it had been discontinued, much to my dismay.

Most of you may have already tried it out, but if you haven't done it yet, I suggest you take a look at the Maybelline ClearGlow All In One Fairness Compact Powder, I thought I would give it a try. I had already used the Maybelline BB Cream and it had felt quite nice on my skin. So I definitely wanted to give this new product a try. Also, the company recommends using this compact with the BB cream for best results.


Here's What The Brand Says

All-in-1 fairness compact powder for skin that looks brighter and visibly fairer.
  • Turn on the Light for skin that looks bright, Visibly Fair and Shine Free.
  • Instant Fairness.
  • Helps Prevent Skin Darkening.
  • Smooth, even skin.
  • Shine Control.
  • Lightweight.
  • Oil free.
  • Allergy tested.
  • Dermatologist Tested.
  • Non Comedogenic (wont cause blackheads as it doesn't block the pores)
  • Available in 5 shades
  • Enhances fairness and brightens  skin with Pro Vitamin C Formula
  • Mattifies with a blend of water and sebum repellant powder
  • Protects with SPF 32 / PA+++
  • Evens and perfects skin tone
  • Conceals flaws and smoothes skin

How To Use: Apply evenly with sponge all over face and neck. Suitable for everyday use.

My Thoughts

When using the compact for the first time, I felt it had a tendency to dry out my skin, especially since I have super-dry skin. I'd highly recommend you use a moisturiser before applying the compact, so that it helps seal in the moisture and prevents any further dryness.

I do not use much coverage on my face, but if you prefer that, this compact actually gives a little more coverage than most others. It makes your complexion look even and smooth, giving it a matt look but not dry. I use it through the day and need to touch up only about once or twice during the day. I generally also tend to sweat on my face, but I noticed that the compact helped reduce sweating and avoided any unwanted shine on the face.

I've applied it with the sponge that comes along with it, as well as with my powder brush, and it actually went on really well and smooth. I felt it looked more even and better when I applied it with a powder blush.

The compact is fragrance-free, so it is especially good for those who are allergic to fragrances or prefer neutral fragrance-free products.


Packaging:
The packaging is super-cute. I loved its touch and feel. It comes in a smooth rectangular case, which is light pink in colour and has soft rounded edges. The case opens to reveal a mirror and two areas, one for the compact powder and the other for the sponge.


Shades Available:
  • Pressed Talc
  • 01 Light
  • 02 Nude Beige
  • 03 Natural
  • 04 Sand Beige
PRICE:  INR 225/- for 9gm

What I Liked:
  • Very lightweight
  • Evens out skin
  • Sweat-free
  • Shine-Free
  • Fragrance-Free
  • SPF 26
  • Wide range of shades available to suit different skin tones
  • Sleek and stylish packaging
  • Comes with a mirror
  • Easy to apply
  • Long-lasting
  • Good coverage
  • Super economical on the budget
What I Didn't Like:
  • The product could have been a little more friendly for those with dry skin
Well, I guess that's another of my favourites now. I am so loving Maybelline products, a huge huge fan all of a sudden. And its amazing how they manage to dish out one after the other amazing products at such amazing prices! 

- Debolina Raja Gupta